Monday, August 25, 2008

Its been a long time.

I have been having a heck of a time with my computer lately, and my motivation. Sorry it has been so long since an update.

Everyone is doing great. I found out that we aren't getting the RSV (synagis) shots this year. It is kinda scary, but its good that the trio is too healthy to qualify for the shots. I am not looking forward to being stuck in the house again, but that was going to happen with or without the shots. We have all stayed healthy and haven't had any major issues.

We took Brody to a follow up appointment with the neurosurgeon and the Dr said that he isn't concerned about having to place a shunt. We are going to do a MRI at 18 months old just to make sure. Then the only question will be is if we want to have the reservoir removed. Brody is just an amazing little man! When he was born and our "wimpy white boy" we had so many scares, and now look at him.... the FIRST one to walk. That's right our wimpy little white boy is walking all over the place. Savannah and Cheyenne are starting to walk now, but Brody was first. I don't think any of us would have put money on that.

It is so much fun watching them grow and learn. I never could have imagined how amazing it really is. They days seem to be much easier now than they have been. A lot of triplet moms would tell you that it doesn't get easier it just gets different, but in my opinion it is way easier. For me, I can deal with chasing them all over the place and redirecting them when they start fighting, but I had a really had time with all the crying and not knowing how to make them feel better. Don't get me wrong we still have a lot of crying, but it is way down from what it use to be. The hardest thing for me is not being able to cuddle with all three of them when they need me to. When they wake up from their nap they want mommy time so bad, all of them! I do the best I can, but there are days the only thing I can do is load them up in the car and let the drive sooth them. It breaks my heart :( Another thing that is really hard for me is the feeling that I am giving one more attention than the other two. I have really been feeling that way with Savannah. She has always been pretty content on her own and now I think she just expects it.

Most days are great, some are bad, and some days I want to run away, but I am having the time of my life.

2 comments:

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

I had been feeling the same way about Caneron as you do about Savannah, so I made sure to give her some extra love every day. Now, Ella just gets super jealous so I have to give her extra love too. And James...well, he sees all the hugs and kisses his sister gets and of course he wants more too. But I don't mind...I love all the snuggles :) I cannot believe they are walking! Way to go!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. It has been a long time; but I don't know how you have time to even think, much less take care of blog updates. Good news about the RSV shots. It is scarey thinking about all the coming germy months. But snow is coming and they will love it! WALKING--wow, that is fantastic. Now they have a whole new world of exploring open to them. You are such a good mom to be aware of how much special time you are giving to each of your precious babies.
Keeping you in my prayers.
mw


RockYou FXText