Tuesday, March 18, 2008

It's been a while...

Sorry it has been so long since my last post, I have just been super busy lately.

Cheyenne is being so needy right now. I thought she was getting better, but she has to have my full attention at all times. I am kinda at a point where I don't know if I should take her to see a doctor. She sleeps great, she eats great, and she seems to be healthy, but for some reason she cries all the time. I have to hold her 90% of the time she is awake and when I don't hold her she cries to the point where it seems that she can't breath. I just don't know what to do. She did suck from a straw today which was pretty cool. She always takes my drinks and plays with the straw in her mouth but today she actually sucked and got her first taste of Dr. Pepper.

Savannah is doing great. She is the happiest little girl in the world. She hardly ever cries, except at night when its time to go to sleep. She is still on the mission to be the first to crawl, but she hasn't accomplished it yet. She moves backwards and she rocks a lot but she still hasn't actually crawled. What she is doing is pushing herself up from the laying flat position. She loves to roll around and pivots in the sitting - rolling positions. She is moving along and I still think it will be any day now that she will be on the move.

Brody is getting up on his knees. He is doing so wonderful and he is still just a happy baby, but he needs to sleep better during the day. He is saying mama, dada, and baba. I still haven't heard anything from the doctor about his head. Just a little reminder.... we went to see the neurosurgeon on Janurary 22nd for a follow up appointment and he didn't have any of his ultrasound images from when he was in the NICU so Brandon went to Presbytarian to get a cd and took it to UNM. Well we didn't hear anything for a few weeks so I called the nurse and she said she hadn't seen the cd and would check with the dr and call me back... another couple weeks go by and still nothing so I call the dr and leave a message and NOTHING. I haven't heard back from them at all. Brandon is going to go to Presbytarian tomorrow and get another cd made and take it to the clinic again. It is pretty frustrating to say the least. I think he his doing fine, but his ventricles are still large and if something happens to him because this doctors office is inefficent I am going to be extremely upset.

I have been slacking on the picture taking as much as I have on the blogging. I haven't taken any pictures since the last ones I posted, but as soon as I do I will post them.

4 comments:

Teresa said...

Have you had her ears checked my grandson he is 3 yr old but he acts like that when his ears bother him
I really like reading about your babies they are so pretty and you always have them dressed so cute
I hope she gets better; she may just want mommy all to herself which is hard on you with 2 other babies to take care of

Anonymous said...

Have you had her checked for kidney reflux? It is pretty common for preemies as small as yours and often only presents as crying.

Kimberly and the GA Guinn Triplets
www.guinnfamilyhome.com

Anonymous said...

I was thinking the same two things...ears or reflux. Both go pretty much unnoticed and cause a ton of crying.
But hold on Mom & Dad, you are doing a wonderful job of raising and loving your babies. Every day is a new adventure x3.
O'yea, someone might have to park in that doctors office until you get some answers. That is totally uncalled for!
mw

Elyse said...

The only idea I have for a baby who does not want to be put down is that she may feel a little left out. I would try to pay a little more attention to her. This is very common in multiples. Just a thought.


RockYou FXText