Wednesday, August 8, 2007

OH WOW!!!

Well everyone is finally home. I haven't had much time to post because of the obvious, but I wanted everyone to see our beautiful babies. Brody had his surgery on Friday August 3rd, and it went great. He is like a brand new baby. He eats like a champ and sleeps good. He will also stay awake for hours just looking around. He hasn't even cried much since he's been back home. He weighed 8lbs 14oz before he got sick and went into the hospital at 8lbs 2oz and he has gotten back up to 8lbs 8oz. Savannah is doing ok. She really hasn't gotten this eating thing down. She sucks like crazy, but she has a hard time swallowing. We are working with her and hopefully she will get it soon. I took her to her first dr appointment yesterday and he told me, "now you really need to get her to eat 2 ounces every three to four hours. At least 7 bottles a day." Well its not like I'm not trying to. She will usually take about one and a half ounces and then she is done! What in the world am I suppose to do to get her to eat more!?! He didn't answer that question. She is finally sleeping. I think she is hungry all the time so she doesn't sleep well. She left the hospital weighing 8lbs 13.7 oz and she has lost 2 ounces since she has been home. Cheyenne is doing great. She is eating well and sleeping good. She weights 7lbs 2oz. We have to take her to the eye doctor on Thursday. She is the only one that still has ROP. She had stage 2 in her right eye and nothing in her left eye when we saw the dr 2 weeks ago. Oh and I held her last time while the dr did his exam. NEVER AGAIN. I think I have talked my mom into taking her to her next appointment. No... of course I will take her, but the nurse or tech whatever will be holding her. That was harder on me than on her, I think.

To sum things up. I don't get much sleep, but am loving it! I have my mom here for a couple of more weeks, and honestly I don't know how I am going to do this without her. The babies aren't on a strict schedule because they just won't eat that way. So I really have no time to sleep at night (or day). But there is nothing I would rather be doing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't let the Doctors comments get you down. I had a doctor make me cry one time. He made me feel like I was the worse mom out there. They are good at the medical part (which they should be) but usually aren't so good at the comfort and care of babies. You are a wonderful mom and I am so happy for all of you!
Love Marci

Anonymous said...

Congrats on having all the babies home. I can't wait to see pictures. Rest when you can and don't worry too much about the eating. My Alyssa at 9 months just started taking more than three oz at a time. She just could not do more. When she gets ready to take more she will.
Congrats again,
kimberly and the GA guinn trips
www.guinnfamilyhome.com

Anonymous said...

They are breathtaking! Thank you so much for the pictures. I sat and watched and watched and watched those gorgeous babies. You are all so blessed. I can only imagine what plans He has for them.
mw


RockYou FXText