Thursday, August 2, 2007

BAD News

I am sitting here waiting for a phone call from the babies doctor to tell me they have a bed for Brody. We have to re admit Brody because he can't keep anything down. He weighed 8lbs 12oz at his check up on Monday and today he weighs 8lbs 2oz. He started throwing up on Sunday, but it wasn't that bad. I took him to the doctor and he gave us some medication for reflux. It didn't help at all. So for the past three days he has thrown up every time I feed him. I can't believe this. Hasn't this little boy been through enough? I just can't stop crying. I believe everything will be ok. I have to!

Savannah is still in the hospital and doing ok. Not much has changed with her. She still isn't eating very well. I will call the NICU and they will tell me that she has taken her last 2 bottles, but thats the best she has done. She will take two bottles in a row and then nothing. They did a neuro consult to see if she was having devolopmental problems, but thankful it came back normal. So they so we need to give her more time.

Cheyenne is doing well. She has been eating like a champ. The only problem with her is she is congested and her poor little nose is rubbed raw. She is on O2 so her nasal cannula is making it worse. I just called the dr to get her an appointment. The people at our pediatrian's office is going to know me well and fast.

So tonight I will have one baby in the NICU, one baby in Pedatrics, and one baby at home. Will life every be normal again? I am about to have a break down. BUT I will be strong and one day we will all be home and healthy.

Tomorrow is my due date and the babies will be three months old. I can't believe we had these babies exactly three months early. I will try and update more, but as you can see we haven't had much time.

7 comments:

Kelly said...

Hang in there! It WILL get better for you. Praying for you here in Roy, UT

Anonymous said...

Good Grief! I had a feeling something was up when there wasn't a new post for days. Is there anything I can do to ease the stress level while the docs work out the kinks? Anything you guys, really, just give me a call. Hang tough -

Kristi said...

Don't worry, I promise you'll have ALL of your babies home very soon. I know it doesn't seem like it now, but having them all home is just around the corner.
Your story has been so similar to ours. Lots of the same ups and downs. At one point I had one baby in the nicu, one in the picu, and one at home. That was a rough time, I feel for you so much. I wish I could give you a hug!

I've had all there home for a week now, and although it's crazy, it's wonderful. ^_^ You'll get your munchkins home soon, and all of this will be just a memory.

Hugs,
Kristi

Anonymous said...

Hey,
I'll be praying for you guys to have a quick and speedy recovery. I can't believe you guys are having to go through this again.
kimberly and the GA guinn trips
www.guinnfamilyhome.com

Anonymous said...

I know it's so hard right now, and seems like one step forward, 2 steps back will never end, but I promise it will. Those babies are just so strong and have shown such a will to survive that must only come from the love that surrounds them. Michele and Brandon, you're doing a great job, and before you know it, all three angels will be home with you. I think about you all every day and can't wait to see you again. Michele, you cry all you want. You can use it for leverage in 16 years when Brody takes the car without permission! Haha Love you guys

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry you all are having to go through these ups and downs. I can't even imagine how hard it must be having the little ones in 3 different places and wanting to be with them all. Hold each other, lean on each other, cry with each other and pray. Try to remember what you were told a few weeks ago--Brody and Savanah are in a safe place and getting the best of care. Take care of yourselves so you will be strong and ready for them all to be home. You have so many people wanting to help, please let us.
In His Love,
MW

Unknown said...

Brandon and Michele, I'm so sorry you are having to go through all this. I know I live 4 hrs away, but if there is anything I could do for you to help, please let me know. Take care, stay strong and cry if you need and want to. :0) Love, Deanna


RockYou FXText