Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day!!

Happy Father's Day to all the dads!! There is nothing like being a father. I sat today with my kids and dreamed of all the things I get to share with them. Even though our kids have only been in the world for 6 weeks, it already seems like time is flying by.

Brody, when we walked in today we got a big shock. They had you in an open bassinet. We couldn't believe it. Then they put Savannah in one too. You are doing so wonderful, and getting so big. You were 4 lbs 2.8 oz today. The doctors are still tapping your reservoir, and they got 11cc out today. They still believe that you will have to have a shunt put in its place, but we are praying hard that you wont have to have it.

Cheyenne, you are doing great too. Even though you weren't put in a big girl bed like your siblings, you are gaining weight and doing well on your breathing. I'm sorry that we didn't get a lot of pictures of you today, but Aunt Misti was taking pictures for us today and you are the one she got to hold. So the camera didn't get but one picture of you, but it was a great picture.

Savannah, you ate from the bottle again today, and you doubled what you ate from yesterday = 12cc's. You also got a big girl bed today, but when we left you weren't holding your temperature up, so they nurse was going to put you back in an isolate. Its okay though, you weren't even suppose to get in one until you reached 4 lbs. When Mommy called tonight the nurse had not put you in the isolate yet and your tempature was ok. They said we may be in one by morning, but so far you are still in the big bed.

They did move the girls down the hall into the ECU (Extended Care Unit). They didn't want to separate them from Brody again, but they need the bed space in the ICU. Brody didn't get to move with them because they are still planning on doing the surgery, and he will have to be on a ventilator during that. They are not that far apart, and its way better than them being in different hospitals.

My first Father's day was wonderful! Having you three in our lives means so much to us, and we can't wait to take you home. Keep growing and it wont be long. We Love YOU!

Thank you Deeno and Dale for driving up today and spending time with us. It was a great day!

Weights: Brody = 4 lbs 4 oz, Savannah = 3 lbs 13.2 oz, Cheyenne = 3 lbs 3.8 oz

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you had an awesome father's day Brandon!!! (Of course how could you not with those three gorgeous babies.) I am so glad your sister told me about your site. My mom & I have really enjoyed checking in to see how the triplets are doing. I remember when my girl was there in the NICU. It was 8 1/2 years ago although it seems like it was only yesterday. Wow guys, triplets! Its amazing! They are all so beautiful & growing so fast. Those babies are three of the luckiest to have you two as parents & to have such wonderful family to love them. My thoughts & prayers are with you all.
Wendy N.

Anonymous said...

Hey guys, just thought I'd tell you I was only 27 weeks pregnant when I went into labor. My daughter weighed 2 lbs. 3 oz. when she was born. She spent 7 weeks at UNM, weighing 4 lbs. 3 oz. when we were able to bring her home. She is now a very healthy & smart 3rd grader. I know I am very lucky & blessed. And so are you! Before you know it, you two are going to have three very healthy & smart 3rd graders! I have living proof that it is possible! ;-)
WN

Anonymous said...

Wow your kids are doing awesome!I am so happy to hear that they are getting better and better everyday. You know I check the website everyday and I swear I am filled with emotion each time I read a new entry. I can not wait to meet the children, Michele you are so lucky to have such a great support system around you, your gonna need it when you take those angels home!


RockYou FXText