Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Big Smiles

I love these babies so much! Last night Brody laughed so hard and I laughed until I cried. It was amazing. Monday we took the babies to the developmental therapist for an evaluation and they are doing good. They all scored 3 1/2 months on their social skills and 2 1/2 months on their motor skills. She told us that was good and we didn't have any worries at this time. I have enrolled them in an early intervention program, but I think I need to find a new company. The one I am enrolled in now came out a month ago and told us the babies qualify for a therapist to come out once a week to work with them, but we haven't seen anyone yet. They have called to schedule and re-schedule three times now. It is so frustrating!!!

All three babies have been sick now for about 2 weeks. I have been the urgent care and the doctor and they say its just a cold and they should get over it pretty soon. I think they are getting better now, but it has been rough. We got the RSV shots last week. Wow they are expensive. The amount of the shots depend on the size of the baby. The more the baby weighs the more expensive the shot is . Poor Brody had to get a shot in both legs because he is so big. Our insurance pays 75% of the cost of the shot. For example Brody weighs 15lbs 5oz so he shot cost $2,166.00. Because this is consider a special medication we have a 15% co payment up to $250.00. To make a long story short it is going to cost us $750.00 per month to get the shots this season. It is one thing after another. I just don't get why everything is so expensive. Ok I get it, but I don't like it!

I think things are getting better. Yesterday was probably one of the best days we have had. I am trying to keep the babies on schedule as best as I can, but you can imagine how hard it is. But yesterday they did great. They ate, played, slept just like they are suppose to, and then they didn't get nearly as fussy last night. I think we may make it through this :)

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Isn't it the best when they start laughing? I love it!

Glad you're posting again on your blog, love the new pics!! They are so cute!!

Anonymous said...

I hope the babies are feeling better The pictures of the babies are so pretty I am so glad you can post again
Teresa

Anonymous said...

I know you guys have your hands full. I can't imagine how hard it would be to take care of three sick babies...it's hard enough with one!! It's so sweet (and pretty cute)that especially Uncle Larry and Aunt Amber are helping you guys out. I would love to come and see the babies. Haven't wanted to intrude but since I don't get to see you anymore at bowling . . . The Halloween picture is so darn cute. They're all smiling! I love seeing new pics when you can find time to post them. You have precious little angels Michele and Brandon!


RockYou FXText