Friday, July 20, 2007

first sleepless night

We got to enjoy having Cheyenne home for the first night! She did very well. It was Michele and I that had a hard time. Every little noise she would make we both would jump up and see if she was okay. We just couldn't help it. I was so excited to have one of them home that I never did feel real tired, so I took the first shift and Michele finally could let go enough to go to sleep about midnight. Then it wasn't long that I started to feel the sandman putting me to sleep. I went to bed about 3 am and Michele got up and took over. As of now, she still hasn't gone back to bed, because I had to go into work at 6 am and by the time I got back Michele has caught her second wind. We are sure that we will get better at this, but it will be a new experience each time get another baby comes home.

We were expecting to get Brody home this afternoon, but when we called the NICU to check on Savannah and Brody, the nurse told us that Brody dropped his heart rate for a few seconds this morning down to 58. It was self resolved, but they doctors said that they were going to monitor him for 3 days. So as upsetting as it is, he wont get to come home at least until Monday. We understand, but we had gotten our hopes up! Brody just didn't want to leave Savannah there all by herself.

Savannah still hasn't started eating good enough to come home. The nurses are going to try a couple of different things to maybe help her, but as of now we still don't have any idea of when she will be coming home.

Weights:
Brody: 7 lbs 11.7 oz
Savannah: 6 lbs 1.1 oz
Cheyenne's coming home weight: 6 lbs 0 oz

3 comments:

April Doyal of VinylAffliction said...

I am so excited for you both! The babies are absolutely beautiful and I know very soon all 3 will get to come home to stay. Michele you look so happy holding her in the house I've never seen a grin so big in my entire life.

Rest assured the nights will get easier. Congratulations to you both :D

Love April

Anonymous said...

Those pictures say it all.
Congratulations, enjoy every single moment, every sound, every smell. Before you know it, you guys will be old pros.
mw

Unknown said...

Just wanted to say thank you again for letting me and my husband meet Savannah and Brody. They are so beautiful. Hopefully soon we will be up in ABQ again with my little ones and we will have more time to spend with you guys. Thanks again and keep in touch. If you need anything you have my number now so just call. Take care. Love ya,
Deanna and Martin


RockYou FXText