Monday, July 2, 2007

Tired...

Everyday we are getting closer to having our babies home. They are all doing great. Its me that is not doing so good. I am so ready to be out of the hospital. Our biggest task right now is getting the babies to take all their feedings by a bottle. Savannah and Brody are taking three bottles a day and Cheyenne is barely taking a few sips once a day. Savannah and Cheyenne have been taken off their caffine but Brody still has spells now and then so they won't take him off just yet. Brody and Cheyenne are both still needing a little O2, but not enough to prevent them from coming home. I will take them home on a little oxygen if I need to, but hopefully they will not need it by the time they get the feedings down.

I kinda had a break down a couple of days ago. I was feeding Brody and he was not wanting to eat. They are so awake when I pick them up to give them the bottle and then when I put them in my arms to feed they fall asleep. So I was trying to feed Brody, Brody was trying to go to sleep and I had to take a walk. I cried and cried because I just want them to come home. I was telling Brody, "don't you want to come home?" I know its not like he's not eating to prolong this but I just got so frustrated. I love these babies more than anything and I am ready to be their mommy. I feel like I am secondary to the nursing staff and it hurts. I want them to wear what I put on them, I want to give them their baths, and I want them to eat for me.

Enough venting for one day. I am so happy with progresses they have made and the weight they have gained. Here is what they weighed last night:

Brody - 5lbs 11oz
Savannah - 4lbs 10oz
Cheyenne - 4lbs 9oz

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My heart just aches for you. I can't even imagine how exhausted you must be, not just physically but mentally as well. I am certain those babies know who their mama and daddy are and they know how much they are loved. If I can do anything at all at anytime for you, please do not hesitate to call me. Amber or Kelly can always reach me. thank you so much for sharing this journey with us.
You family is still being held in the safe protecting hands of prayer.

MW

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to hear that the babies are doing great. I hope you find the strenght you need to get through this, because honestly the NICU experience SUCKS! But the good news is that it does end! Hopefully very soon! You guys continue to be in our prayers.
Kimberly and the GA Guinn Trips
www.guinnfamilyhome.com

April Doyal of VinylAffliction said...

Michele Love, I pray daily that you get to bring your babies home so very soon. I know that you are so ready to have them with you in their room that you have prepared. Know that we are praying for you and the babies here. They will be home so very soon. Hugs and love to you all :X April

Anonymous said...

Hang in there sweetie. It is completely normal for you to feel such frustration - you guys have been dealing with a difficult situation, day after day, for so long now. Your journey home with your children is just around the corner - and before you know it, this will all be memories from the past. You are always in my prayers. Love to the Lane five-some!!

Anonymous said...

The nicu life can really get to you. Just remember that it's ok to have bad days, and it's ok to vent. You can only be so tough for so long.
I know what you mean about feeling secondary to the nursing staff. Our little guy Joey is still in the nicu (day 86 now) and I feel like I don't really know him. I want to get him home, and cuddle him on MY terms, not when someone tells me I can, or when I have to put him back. I want to cover him with kisses, and stare into his sweet little eyes in a quiet room in our home- not at the nicu where there are people around and alarms going off every few seconds.
But they know who you are, don't ever doubt that. They recognize your voice, and just you talking to them helps them so much.
You're getting closer and closer to getting them home each day that passes. I know it seems forever away, but I promise, very soon your house will be filled with crying babies, dirty diapers, a sink full of dirty bottles, and on top of all that you'll get absolutely no sleep. And you'll be loving every bit of it. ^_^

Hang in there, I'm right there with you.

Kristi
www.krististrio.blogspot.com


RockYou FXText