Saturday, May 12, 2007

May 12, 2007

Today was a good day!!! We need more days like today. We didn't make it to the hospital until after lunch today because we were waiting on Great Grandma and Great Grandpa to get into town. These babies have so many people who love them so much. When we arrived at the hospital all three babies had been taken off their lights. As soon as I walked in the door Cheyenne's nurse asked if I wanted to do Kangaroo Care with her. I was so excited I couldn't get my stuff put away fast enough. As I was saying hello to Brody his nurse told me he was doing great today and I should do kangaroo care with him also. She asked me how long I was going to be there.... well duh as long as I need to be there to hold all my babies if I could. Then the biggest most wonderful thing happened... I was getting ready to hold Cheyenne and they told me I was going to hold both Brody and Cheyenne at the same time. It was so awesome!!!! They were so happy to be together again. It was funny how they acted the same way as they did in my tummy. Brody stretched out and took up most the room while Cheyenne was cuddled up with almost no room under my arm. I would move Brody over to give Cheyenne some more room and it would be seconds before he was pushing her over again. Even though I was sooo excited about getting to hold both of my babies, I was feeling bad about Savannah. Savannah is the first baby I got to hold, but I haven't held her since. I wanted so bad to hold her too. Well my mom has been here taking care of me and Brandon since the birth of the babies. Unfortunately no one has been able to even touch the babies besides Brandon and me. But then when the nurse taking care of Savannah heard that I was going to hold Cheyenne and Brody she said, "well who is going to hold Savannah? She is doing so well and she needs to be held also." So I got to give my mom a wonderful mother's day present by letting her hold her first grand baby for the first time. Mom has to go back to California tomorrow and she has been a life saver for us. I am so lucky to have her in my life and I pray that I can be as good of a mom to my babies as she has been to me. I love you Mom!



Savannah, my sweet angel, I love you so much. You have been doing so good the past couple of days. Your jaundice is better. You have actually been off your lights for two days now. I have kind of been feeling like I am neglecting you because you have been doing so well I feel like I have been spending more time with you brother and sister. We should find out about your PDA tomorrow. I am praying that it is closed for sure and we won't have to worry about it anymore. Your Nana got to hold you today and you were so happy. I don't think it was possible to be happier than Nana was, she loves you so much. I love you too!

Cheyenne, my beautiful girl, I love you so much. I love being able to see your beautiful face. Unfortunately I can only see your face because they had to put a breathing tube back in. Hopefully by Monday they will have you back on CPAP. Your gas levels were too high today. Your PH level has dropped and they had to give you some bi-carb to help the acid in your system. Like Savannah we will know tomorrow if your PDA has closed. They have "unofficially" told us that it has closed, but we will know for sure tomorrow. Some good news is that you have gained some weight. You weigh 2 LBS, YEAH!!!! I hope you enjoyed getting to lay with your brother today. I love you!!!

Brody, my little man, I love you so much. You are doing so much better. Like your sisters, you were off your lights today. Hopefully you can stay off of them for a while. You are doing great on CPAP also. We are hearing that you may be the first to proceed to the next breathing level. I can't wait because then I will be able to see your face better. I am ready to see your beautiful little face everyday. They are still trying to feed you, but your stomach isn't digesting the food. They keep trying to feed you because it is so important. Like Cheyenne, your gas levels are too high and you PH level is low and they had to give some bi-carb. We got the results back from your echo today and great news is that your PDA is closed. I am so glad we don't have to talk about surgery. I am so glad I got to spend some time with you and Cheyenne today. You little burger wanted me all to yourself. Cheyenne was trying to cuddle and you were trying to push her off my chest. It was wonderful to hold both of you at the same time. I love you!!!

We pray everyday that tomorrow will be a good day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michelle, I read your post on Kristi's blog and just had to write to you. This is the first time I've been to your site but wanted to tell you and your husband I pray your babies will grow healthy and strong. Kristi has helped me and my daughter, Tanna so much by emailing us and giving us strength when she is going through her own trying times. My daughter will be 24 weeks on monday the 14th with bbg triplets. She's in the hospital and has been on mag sulfate, indicine, terbutaline pumps, etc trying to keep her uterus calm enough to give these babies some time. How many weeks were you when you had your babies? I know you said 3 months early so I'm thinking probably 28 weeks... I pray my daughter makes it that long. I pray for my grandbabies to be everynight and also Kristi's babies. Now you and yours will be in my prayers too.

Jenny in Texas (grandma to identical twin girls born in January and triplets due this summer!)

Unknown said...

Michelle, I just wanted to wish you a Happy Mothers Day! You have 3 beautiful babies and I know you are so proud of them. They are getting healthier and stronger a little more everyday. My prayers are with you, Brandon and your little ones. Have a wonderful day!

Deanna (Worley) Trowbridge, Alamogordo, NM

Anonymous said...

Michelle,

I'm so sorry that the results didn't come back like you would have liked. So now we are going through the same thing with the brain bleed scare, and are not sure what the future may hold. Just remember that our babies are miracles, and miracles can still happen for them.
That is so awesome that you got to do k-care with both babies at the same time!! I still haven't gotten to do that! I think your hospital must be extremely big on k-care, we didn't get to hold ours when they were on the vent at all. I think that's better though, that you are getting to hold them, it will make them stronger sooner. They need that skin to skin contact, sitting in that isolette all alone every day isn't good for them.
I will keep those little ones in my prayers,

Kristi
http://www.krististrio.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day Michele. I haven't had the chance to met you yet but i have known Brandon for many years. Our grandmothers are best friends. His grandmother, Mrs. Gracie to me, has always tried to keep me up to date. Your marriage, the big news of triplets and now them coming into the world. I can't say i know you or know where you come from, but knowing those babies have Lane blood runing through their veins gives me a great sense of relief. The Lane's are one of the strongest families i know.

Dawn Turner Hudson
Pope AFB, North Carolina


RockYou FXText